Saturday, February 2, 2013

Frugal February Day 2: Laura Ingalls Milder

Let's... Get... Domestic!

Today was a cheat day - not because I did anything "naughty" per se, but because The Boy paid for groceries today instead of me, thus keeping it as a spend-free day. We bought enough stuff to last us the week, I think, though I lamented this morning that "we have a lot of ingredients but no FOOD". Because I don't like admitting that I have do anything for food to exist. Because I still have the coping skills of a toddler.

We've planned out what we're going to eat for the week, which is often half (or almost all) of the battle with staying home for dinner. I swear to God, if someone made me cook every night but would just tell me *what* to make, I'd be all "Lobster Thermador, I got this," every night.

We've pre-paid for a Dishcrawl that's happening near us this Wednesday and on Friday we plan on dominating at the British High Commission's Trivia Night (motto: lose your dignity to the sounds of posh accents, cheap beer and bad pizza), so those two meals are taken care of. And tonight I decided to wow the crowd with a slow cooker beef pot pie with puff pastry and an eggnog bread pudding. I'm not bragging, I'm just writing it as a reminder that I can cook, for when I'm eating marshmallows and Kraft singles for dinner.

I've been tidying the rest of the day, doing laundry, washing dishes, living this rock star life that y'all are jealous of. I don't want to make you jealous or anything but I also picked out some dirt from a swiffer pad this morning and then re-used it. I'm basically Lady Gaga in a hoodie.

Ooh- and I used another coupon! I know I shouldn't be excited about this, but I unabashedly am. Got me some super cheap laundry detergent, son *does embarrassing roof-raise* *trails off slowly* Now you're super-jealous.

Okay, okay. Not my most awe-inspiring post but I'm half-distracted by The Princess Bride on TV and the promise of Aerosmith songs to be downloaded for Rock Band, so my focus is understandably divided.


No comments:

Post a Comment