Thursday, November 8, 2012

Running on Empty

Huh. 8 days into this and I'm already out of things to talk about. So I turned to BlogHer's prompts for a little inspiration. Today's question is:


If you could have any job (and instantly have the training and qualifications to do it), which job would you want? 
I literally typed in "wealthy retiree" to Google Image
Search and this is the first hit. We ballin' barefoot.

Okee dokee, I pick... wealthy retiree.

Oh, fine.


Okay, if that's not an option, I'd probably want to be a host of some travel show/eat your face off combo program. Good food, lots of travel, modicum of fame, decent money, and, due to the relatively specific audience of a travel show, you probably wouldn't get too many YouTube commenters calling you a "landwhale" or telling you "tits or GTFO". This is my perfect storm of good job.

Side note: Did everyone in your elementary school classes claim to dream of being a marine biologist? Why was that? No, seriously. Why? Is it because basically all kids want to do all day is swim? Are they super into sharks? I have no earthly clue. I wanted to be a journalist or an actor. I don't remember ever wanting to be anything else. And through hard work, perseverance and rigid commitment to my dreams that little girl grew up to be...

... oh, right. Back to writing this briefing note.

On the plus side, I didn't think I'd live past 26 or so, so on that front, SCORE!



No comments:

Post a Comment