Monday, November 12, 2012

Motivated Monday

By all rights I shouldn't be up yet. I tried my best to keep my eyes firmly shut as The Boy grumbled and sighed his way around the bedroom as I made sympathetic noises whilst burrowing even farther under the duvet. He can shove it in my face in February when I have to get up during his provincially-mandated day off. But after he locked the door behind him I was cruelly left with wide-open eyes and an internal to-do list that kept me from rolling back over into the sweet arms of a long-weekend coma.

So now there's a load of laundry moving my machine across the kitchen floor, a window open on my laptop with a recipe for beef pot pie, and a growing desire to tidy the living fuck outta this place brewing in my brain stem. Of course, I'm still in my pjs on the couch watching Let's Make a Deal so we'll see how that goes.

I'm actually really looking forward to this week. Tomorrow The Boy and The Sister are joining me to watch Wreck it Ralph. There's an International Food Fest at work on Thursday (my second greatest weakness) and afterwards I'm heading to a Christmas craft show (my greatest weakness). Aaaaand... Thursday night this beautiful little girl comes to visit! She belongs to The Boy's family but they're heading to Syracuse for the weekend so we're taking her on. She's a lot bigger than she is in that photo - that was taken the day she came home. She was pretty skinny and in a bit of rough shape but now.. well, she certainly isn't skinny, we'll put it that way. I love the hell out of her so I'm super looking forward to her coming over, being despondent because mom's not there, refusing to eat, getting hungry, eating everything in sight and then peeing on the things we care about most. It's going to be a trip!

It's also kind of a test because we're looking into getting a dog somewhere down the line but I've never had one before and I don't really know what to expect. I've puppysat before but it's not quite the same in someone else's house, y'know. So my favourite girl and I are gonna hang this weekend inbetween more Christmas craft fairs, drunken reunions and brunches galore. Life is, in short, pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment